There are many down payment assistance programs available to both first time and non first time home buyers. These programs can be applied for during the mortgage process and can be layered together to help homebuyers purchase homes for little money down as well as help with closing costs.
We offer a free weekly workshop to answer any and all questions about down payment assistance programs. To sign up for one of our workshops, please visit our workshops page.
The Daisy Down Payment Assistance program is a grant offered by Luther Burbank Savings.
Upon eligibility, you may receive up to a maximum of $7,500 for down payment assistance, plus an additional $7,500 for closing costs. That’s a total of $15,000 towards the purchase of an owner-occupied, primary residence in specific California counties.
Counties Eligible: Alameda, Contra Costa, Los Angeles, Marin, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Barbara, Santa Clara, Sonoma, Ventura
The Daisy features a 0% Annual Percentage Rate and is forgiven after 36 months!**
The Daisy is offered through Luther Burbank Savings.
- Maximum first mortgage loan up to $400,000
- The first mortgage loan must be approved through Luther Burbank Savings
- The borrower(s) annual income must be equal to or less than 120% of the Area Median Income (AMI) adjusted for family size
- Prior to closing, you must attend homebuyer or landlord education sessions conducted by a HUD approved Counseling agency
- Eligible properties include single family, 2-4 units, condos and PUDs. Manufactured housing is not eligible for the Daisy program.
The Daisy Down Payment Program has been discontinued by its sponsoring bank. As of November 2014 there will be no more Daisy Down Payment funds available.
California Homebuyer’s Downpayment Assistance Program (CHDAP)
CHDAP provides up to 3% of the purchase price, or appraised value, whichever is less, to be used for their down payment and/or closing costs. This loan is provided as a deferred payment second loan that does not need to be paid back until the first mortgage is paid off or refinanced. This program is maintained by the California Housing Finance Agency (CalHFA).
CHDAP assistance is subject to income limits similar to those described above. The borrower must be a first time home buyer (have not owned a home in the last 3 years) and must complete home buyer education. CHDAP can be used in all California counties.
CHF Platinum is a down payment assistance grant (meaning it does not have to be paid back) for either 3% or 5% of the purchase price of a home purchased in California. This grant is administered by the California Home Finance Authority (CHF).
CHR Platinum is not limited to first time homebuyers, but it is subject to income restrictions. Platinum is available throughout California.
City Specific Down Payment Assistance
Many California cities have down payment assistance programs to entice home buyers into moving to their cities. This programs have been refunded in 2014 and have money to give away. The programs usually require the buyer to be a first time home buyer and to live in the house that they purchase. The specific program will differ depending on the city so contact us to get more information on cities that you are interested in.
If you are interested in any of these programs, here is how you get started
- Contact us:
Collect these documents and bring them to your initial appointment:
- W2 forms (last 2 years if possible)
- Last 2 pay stubs
- Statements from any interest, annuity, or dividend payments
- Last 2 tax returns if you are self-employed or using business income
- Last 2 months of bank statements
- Last statements from any asset or investments account
- Proof of ownership of any real estate
Sign up to attend a free Down Payment Assistance Information session Here